Nixon was reelected in a landslide victory. His second term ended in his resignation after the Watergate scandal, a scandal which seems minor compared to Fast and Furious. Bill Clinton and Andrew Johnson both faced impeachment proceedings yet neither have come anywhere close to the actions of President Obama. A campaign has been started to Impeach Obama.
Here are five reasons why President Barack Obama should be impeached.
1) Despite promising otherwise, Barack Obama committed U.S. military resources to overthrow Libyan leader Colonel Gaddafi without any kind of congressional authorization whatsoever and without citing any evidence that Libya under Gaddafi was a threat to the security of the United States. Furthermore, Obama brazenly undermined the power of Congress by insisting his authority came from the United Nations Security Council and that Congressional approval was not necessary. “I don’t even have to get to the Constitutional question,” Obama churlishly remarked.
2) On New Years Eve 2011, Obama signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act which includes provisions that permit the abduction and military detention without trial of U.S. citizens. Despite Obama claiming he would not use the provisions to incarcerate U.S. citizens, it was his administration that specifically demanded these powers be included in the final NDAA bill.
3) The passage of the Obamacare bill, under which Americans will be forced to buy health insurance, is clearly anathema to the Constitution. “The individual mandate is unprecedented and exceeds Congress’s power to regulate interstate commerce. If it is allowed to stand, Congress will be able to impose any kind of economic mandate as part of any kind of national regulatory scheme,” writes Ilya Shapiro, a Senior Fellow in Constitutional Studies, Cato Institute.
4) Obama’s role in the economic looting of America since he took office is unprecedented. Specifically, Obama violated the Constitution’s Takings and Due Process Clauses when he bullied the secured creditors of automaker Chrysler into accepting 30 cents on the dollar while politically connected labor unions and preferential others received better deals.
5) Finally, Obama’s use of signing statements shows his desire to continue in the vein of George W. Bush and rule by executive fiat. This is a direct violation of Article II of the Constitution.
Watch the video below.
I cannot believe why it took this long to start empeachment process. I believe they should go one more step and prosecute him too.
Know what you mean. In the House is the prosecution for impeachment, like indictment . In the Senate is the conviction. Fat chance there with the war on fat.
If the GOP picks up more Senate seats Barry is in some big trouble.
Man… Cowboy, I hope so, but that would mean after Nov. 6, if it happens, and with him still in office if that happens. Evidence would be the stain on the Constitution. But then gotta have DNA evidence as to whose stain it is. 🙂
You may may have this posted before…I haven’t been looking here too long…but won’t hurt to repost…”