Tanya Tucker on Hee Haw in 1973 singing “Delta Dawn”. She was 14.
Tanya Tucker on Hee Haw in 1973 singing “Delta Dawn”. She was 14.
Sure are a lot of timely, umm, I mean untimely deaths. A child can add two plus two.
Though the Code of the West was always unwritten, here is a “loose” list of some of the guidelines:
• Don’t inquire into a person’s past. Take the measure of a man for what he is today.
• Never steal another man’s horse. A horse thief pays with his life.
• Defend yourself whenever necessary.
• Look out for your own.
• Remove your guns before sitting at the dining table.
• Never order anything weaker than whiskey.
• Don’t make a threat without expecting dire consequences.
• Never pass anyone on the trail without saying “Howdy”.
• When approaching someone from behind, give a loud greeting before you get within shooting range.
• Don’t wave at a man on a horse, as it might spook the horse. A nod is the proper greeting.
• After you pass someone on the trail, don’t look back at him. It implies you don’t trust him.
• Riding another man’s horse without his permission is nearly as bad as making love to his wife. Never even bother another man’s horse.
• Always fill your whiskey glass to the brim.
• A cowboy doesn’t talk much; he saves his breath for breathing.
• No matter how weary and hungry you are after a long day in the saddle, always tend to your horse’s needs before your own, and get your horse some feed before you eat.
• Cuss all you want, but only around men, horses and cows.
• Complain about the cooking and you become the cook.
• Always drink your whiskey with your gun hand, to show your friendly intentions.
• Do not practice ingratitude.
• A cowboy is pleasant even when out of sorts. Complaining is what quitters do, andcowboys hate quitters.
• Always be courageous. Cowards aren’t tolerated in any outfit worth its salt.
• A cowboy always helps someone in need, even a stranger or an enemy.
• Never try on another man’s hat.
• Be hospitable to strangers. Anyone who wanders in, including an enemy, is welcome at the dinner table. The same was true for riders who joined cowboys on the range.
• Give your enemy a fighting chance.
• Never wake another man by shaking or touching him, as he might wake suddenly and shoot you.
• Real cowboys are modest. A braggert who is “all gurgle and no guts” is not tolerated.
• Be there for a friend when he needs you.
• Drinking on duty is grounds for instant dismissal and blacklisting.
• A cowboy is loyal to his “brand,” to his friends, and those he rides with.
• Never shoot an unarmed or unwarned enemy. This was also known as “the rattlesnake code”: always warn before you strike. However, if a man was being stalked, this could be ignored.
• Never shoot a woman no matter what.
• Consideration for others is central to the code, such as: Don’t stir up dust around the chuckwagon, don’t wake up the wrong man for herd duty, etc.
• Respect the land and the environment by not smoking in hazardous fire areas, disfiguring rocks, trees, or other natural areas.
• Honesty is absolute – your word is your bond, a handshake is more binding than a contract.
• Live by the Golden Rule.
Compiled and edited by Kathy Weiser/Legends of America, updated January, 2011.
The argument is that amnesty should be granted to illegal aliens so that they will pay taxes. The fact is that they do file taxes with an ITIN, an individual taxpayer identification number. A 9-digit ITIN number issued by the IRS provides both resident and nonresident aliens with a unique identification number that allows them to file tax returns. Sounds good? Not really.
By claiming dependents, even ones outside the U.S., as well as EIC (Earned Income Credit) these illegal aliens are getting refunds of thousands and thousands of dollars without paying a single dime in tax revenue. They are not only willing to file their taxes, but look forward to huge refunds while Americans struggle to balance the budget ay home and in their local, state, and federal government. Claims by illegal aliens equalled $4.2 billion in tax year 2010.
Please take time to read this article. This information is vital in understanding the situation. I would love to hear your thoughts also. I have seen this going on for years, and it is proof positive that amnesty will not generate revenue but cost us billions and billions of dollars. Justice Scalia comparing illegal aliens to bank robbers wasn’t so out of line after all.
That’s one hell of a high tax for “cheap lettuce!” Add to this all of the other facts, and we are paying a huge crippling cost to appease and take care of people who don’t belong here. It is national insanity to avoid doing what is right for America. The federal government doesn’t even want states to verify citizenship to vote. Many areas have come up with idiotic laws to protect illegals while penalizing their own, such as Los Angeles‘ impound policy which will take the vehicles of citizens and not illegal aliens.
All Americans will benefit when and if the United States should finally resolve to deport and punish those who violate our laws, including those businesses that hire illegal aliens. Automatic citizenship for anyone who can come here and have a baby needs to stop. Eisenhower deported them, we can too.
A nation without borders is not a nation at all. To do otherwise is national suicide. We have always had controls in the past. To regulate who can come here and who can’t is well within the rights of any nation. There is nothing racist about it. The poem on the Statue of Liberty was not an eternal pact for open borders. It’s a poem, not a Constitutional Amendment!
This issue needs to be addressed. Both sides have ignored it far too long, and “We the People” are left holding the bill. A bill of $113 billion a year and growing. $1.6 billion a year in Los Angeles County alone, and yes, Los Angeles is broke!
An update on the Obama Administration attack on 4H and FFA. The Administration has backed down. A small victory in the ongoing battle against the nanny state, and one I am extremely glad to see. Read more at the link below…
Children | Farm Labor | Regulations | Withdrawal | The Daily Caller.
Coming soon to the websites and blogs you love!
More on the Sheriff who stood down the BLM!
This is weird, especially the last paragraph. Quote, “One speculation in this report, however, does note that the scenario to be played out in late May, in Colorado, as planned by the Americans, does, indeed, mirror similar plans of the Russian General Staff of actions to be taken in the case of sudden civil war where “outside forces” would be called upon to protect the government from overthrow by internal forces or armed rebellion by the military.“
US Calls For Russian Airborne Troops To Take And Hold Denver Airport | EUTimes.net.
Meanwhile… Pro-Illegal Activists show their class, and how much they want to be Americans in Phoenix today.
via e-mail from Jim T.
We are not far from the end folks. We can’t take much more political correctness. This picture was taken at the AZ state capitol. This photo was taken at a rally at the state capitol yesterday.
The news will not show it and the Capitol Police and Homeland Security would not let Americans or any of the Veterans that were there do anything about it. Friends were threatened to be arrested and were told they would be booked under federal charges if they did anything.
View original post 321 more words
Quote from today’s SCOTUS hearing on SB 1070… “It seems to me that the federal government just doesn’t want to know who’s here illegally and who’s not,” Even in the article the spin is that all Hispanics want open borders, a view which I do not believe. If the Obama Administration loses Obamacare, and loses the battle against Arizona, let’s hope it is a series of losses that lead to a BIG LOSS for Obama in November.